How Old?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I couldn't ask for a better friend...


So Michelle gave Trevor and I our crib and got our bedding for us. The crib is very sentimental to me. It was Bella's when she was a baby. The many times I put her down and got her up. The look of excitement when you came to get her. She never tried to climb out, so she would always call out for you to come and get her, "Mommy, Jojo, it's a beautiful morning." The times I slept in her room with her while Brad and Michelle were out of town. All of the memories of her, while using it, from a new born up until she was 3. I am just so happy Michelle passed it down to me, so my little Lyla can use it. I can't wait to add more memories to this crib.














The bedding...I had found this bedding online and loved it. Michelle had asked me, before sending the crib, if there was any bedding I liked. She has a friend who owns a baby store, she thought she might carry the brand and be able to get it wholesale. So I waited...hoping this was the case, so Trev and I could save $$ (It wasn't very cheap bedding). Well her friend didn't carry it, so we were back at square one. A few weeks later I get a text from Michelle telling me she has an idea. So I text her back wondering what it was, because I love her input and ideas. And no reply. So I call her a few days later and finally get a hold of her. She tells me another one of her friends might be able to get us a deal on it...which isn't true...so I wait. Well on March 14, the day before my birthday I get a package addressed to me. I start to open it not knowing what it is and to my complete surprise, my bedding, from her, as a birthday gift! I immediately call her to thank her. She later confesses that she made the story up, there was not second friend, she wanted to surprise me by getting it for my birthday. I couldn't ask for a better friend. Thank you so much Michelle.

2 comments:

Josh and Cori said...

that is the cutest crib and bedding! You're going to be all set. I can't believe how close it's getting for that baby to come. Time is flying by-thank goodness! That was a sweet post about Trevor. Imagine the stress they go through studying and trying to pass-and they are doing it for their families, and keep on no matter what. Good guys...
That suns game was fun too-we really didn't get to talk to you guys much because you were at the end of the row, and we rode in different cars, but I agree that it was a much needed break. I want to go again so bad! But this time with MUCH better seats. We'll have to do that again sometime before we all graduate and move on.

Michelle and Aaron said...

Such a cute set-up! So excited for Lyla to come! I need to get the rest of the swing to you!